The Fortwilliam Fishery offers two miles of double bank salmon and trout fishing over five beats on the river Blackwater. The fishery enjoys the private and tranquil surroundings of Fortwilliam Estate which extends to four hundred acres. Our beats are interlinked and provide a wide variety of water, suitable for both beginners and the more experienced fishermen. Our river enhancement project is ongoing. The completed work includes the construction of croys, deflectors, rock armouring, the placing of rocks as “salmon lies”, improved access and the deepening of certain stretches.
Fortwilliam Fishery offers:
- Interlinked Beats
- Good vehicular and pedestrian access.
- Well maintained paths and riverbanks.
- Boats for moving from bank to bank.
- Casting pond.
- Fishing huts .
- Daily rotating of Beats.
Our Services Include:
- Salmon and Trout Fishing for individuals and private groups.
- Exclusive Fishing.
- Fishing Syndicate
- Ghillie Services
- Fly casting Tuition and with a qualified instructor.
- Rod room and freezer storage.
- Picnic Lunches
- Free fishing for under 16 year olds when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Gift Vouchers.
The season opens on 1st February and runs until 30th September .
2018 Fortwilliam Fishing Syndicate is open (Limited Rods Available)
2018 Shared Beat Fishing Rates per rod
- Feb & March €30 per day
- April €35
- May €50
- June €70
- July €80
- August €80
- September €100